The Nagle Education Alliance of Australia (Inc) is an organisation of schools committed to the Presentation charism and the legacy of Nano Nagle. It developed from an earlier, smaller grouping of schools and, with expanded membership, was launched and incorporated in 2014.
The NEAA believes that the Presentation charism has lasting value. The continued relevance of the Nano Nagle story is an inspiration for Presentation People to make a difference in their world and in the way we live the Gospel.
The Nagle Education Alliance of Australia is committed to perpetuating the legacy of Nano Nagle in Australian education. The NEAA provides leadership to school communities across Australia in their endeavour to identify with, express and live out the Presentation charism and mission by sharing resources and experiences.
Bringing Australian Presentation People together through education and social justice.
The NEAA works in collaboration with the Society of Australian Congregation of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Presentation Sisters who form the Society's membership.
Sandra Diafas, President 2014 - 2016
It undertakes a number of activities in pursuit of these aims, among them:
- a biennial Schools Staff Conference;
- a biennial Schools Student Leadership Conference;
- the development, promotion and circulation of resources relating to the charism and mission of the Presentation Sisters and Nano Nagle;
- the sharing of resources relating to specific areas of activity in schools: leadership; administration; social justice initiatives; and excursion / immersion experiences;
- a biennial pilgrimage to Ireland for people in positions of leadership in NEAA schools;
- the organisation of particular initiatives that can support the aims of the NEAA, such as a national Nagle Prize for students in member schools.