NEAA Presentation Schools Conference
The NEAA Presentation Schools Student Leadership Conference is a biennial Conference open to Year 10 students in all NEAA schools in Australia.
The 2018 NEAA Student Leadership Conference will be held in Tasmania at St Mary’s College, Hobart from 7-10 August 2018. The Conference theme ‘Light our way’ will take students on a journey of past, present and future, and focus on Nano Nagle’s message of justice, compassion and care for others. The Conference is open to Year 10 students from NEAA schools throughout Australia at a cost of $200 per student (no cost for staff accompanying students). Schools are required to arrange their own flights, airport transfers, accommodation and some meals. Download the Student Conference Flyer and the Student Conference Program. Register here by Friday 22 June 2018.
Feedback from previous Conferences has been extremely positive. The 2016 Student Conference was held at Avila College in Melbourne from Wednesday August 10 to Friday August 12, 2016. A report from some students who attended the 2014 Yeppoon Conference is attached below, along with a photograph of the participants.
- Increased knowledge of the Presentation history and charism
- Increased understanding of the application of Presentation values in contemporary situations
- Increased self-identification as ‘Presentation people’
- Development of student friendships and networks between Presentation schools
- Enhanced leadership potential
- Commitment to some form of action arising from Conference participation
- Enlivenment of Presentation charism among student body
- Enhanced leadership potential of student participants
- Opportunities for staff development through relevant presentations and/or workshops for staff at
- Conference Staff networking among Presentation schools
Student Conference: Staffing Protocols (72 KB)
NEAA Protocols for Staffing of NEAA Student Conferences. For the information of members.